Posted on 04/10/2023
Aniwell Veterinary Clinic, Kinson
Salary up to £72,000 depending on experience
We are looking for an experienced Veterinary Surgeon to join our team as a Full-Time Clinical Director. You will manage a two-site small animal practice alongside the Practice Manager and with the support of the area director and support manager.
You will be the clinical lead in the practice, consulting with clients and performing surgeries.
Other duties include:
- Using strong leadership to support the team to achieve best practice and deliver the best outcomes for our patients.
- Be responsible for the financial performance of the practice and support the team to reach our intended goals.
- Follow IVC policies and procedures and promote this within the team.
- Organising Vet rotas.
You will work closely with the practice manager, a head nurse at each branch and a reception manager to support you in your role.
Shift Patterns that Work for You
A typical week is 4/5 days between either 8:30 am – 3 pm or 8:30 am – 7 pm. The weekend rota is 1:4 Saturdays and no OOH. We are more than happy to discuss flexibility for the right candidate, please get in touch!
Why Choose Aniwell?
We are a 2-site small animal practice located in Bournemouth and Poole. We are lucky to have the beaches and the new forest on our doorstep whilst also benefitting from the amenities the two towns have to offer including fantastic transport links.
We are well-established in the area and proud to have a long-standing client base.
Aniwell is well equipped with in-house laboratory facilities, digital radiography, endoscopy, and ultrasound. We have a spacious building with separate wards for dogs and cats alongside species-specific waiting areas and consult rooms.
About the Team and Culture
We have a high ratio of qualified nurses and students to vets so plenty of support is available. We are lucky to have experienced Veterinary surgeons who manage their work confidently and competently. Our team have developed strong client bases due to their passion for the job and their compassion towards pets and their owners.
We require an experienced and confident small animal vet. Management experience and some prior business knowledge are required, but please reach out if you are unsure because we appreciate this can look different for everyone.
Because our employees matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from -
- 7.6 weeks annual leave
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1250 CPD allowance with 40 hours paid pro rata
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
Apply for this job